Wednesday, March 26, 2003

KRS(h) Please check your e-mails.

I went to work today, which means....PARTY on Friday all the way to Saturday! :) For once, I get to have a life on those two days! Cheers all around! I am so frickin' excited!!
That's the good news.

Bad News of the Day:
As I was on Garfield, waiting to make a left into the street by the florist, I saw a very old Chinese man fall off the curb and into the street. Thank goodness there was no car going by or else it would have hit him. Half of his head was covered in blood. I made my left and searched for a place to stop my car, so I just blocked someone's driveway. By that time, a girl found them and pointed them into the direction of the hospital, about a block down the street. I got out wanting to ask them if they needed a ride to the hospital. They walk fast for old people, cause they were already halfway down the block *by the time I reached the corner and I wasn't that far away either. It made me feel a little better that he was able to walk. I drove into the alley that leads to GCC, where I work, and I saw the old couple reaching the hospital. *whew*

I'm still a little shooken up from it. I know I don't know that old man, but he reminded me of my Grandpa and the old woman reminded of my Grandma. It felt like it was happening to them, so I freaked.
Something else that bothered me was that a car was waiting to turn right and the old man fell right IN FRONT of that red van. You know what the stupid Chinese lady in the red van did? Nothing! She waited till the little old lady slowly helped him get up and out of her way, so then, she went on ahead and made her right turn. What the hell was that!

*I'm also a little mad at myself cause I didn't exactly leap out of my car. I just sat there, thinking "I have to help him. I have to help him." By the time I actually got my ass out of my car, it was too late. Boo on my part. I'm just as bad as that Chinese lady in the red van.

And that was my scary incident of the day. :|

No comments: