Friday, May 02, 2003

Okay, so I got home safely. :-) Thank you, Sara for keeping me company. It made time go by faster.

So for this past week, I've been frantically trying to finish up my Language Arts project for my Child Develop. class. It was A LOT of work, but some parts were really fun. The Language Arts project included:

1.) An Original Story, written by Me. (My book was called "It's No Fun to be Louise."
2.) 3 Hand Puppets (I did a girl hand puppet, a witch from a spoon, and a toilet paper and egg rabbi)
3.) Finger Play Packet (This probably took the second longest. You could tell I was getting tired towards the end)
4.) Poetry Poster (Way up high in the tree, 2 red apples looked at me, I shook that tree as hard as I could, Down fell 2 red apples, Mmmm they were good.)
5.) Dramatic Play Box (For kids to play pretend. You have a theme for you box. My theme was "My Kitchen". Inside were pots, pans, aprons, fake food, etc., so that when a kid picked up that box, they're all set for pretend. I spent $18 at the 99 cents store for the stuff.

I presented my project yesterday. I was a little apprehensive that Ms. Minnix, the nasty prof., would say it was copied. She's reads A LOT of children's books. My aunty and Debby said it sounded copied. But seriously, I wrote it. But it went okay. The prof. laughed.

Wednesday was an interesting day. DB got into a car accident.Thank goodness she was okay. She was allegedly hit by a drunk driver. The accident caused 2 police cars, 2 highway patrol cars, 1 ambulance, 1 firetruck, and 1 major traffic jam. She was on her way to pick up my aunt. My mom went to go pick up my aunt and I went there to keep her company. Man, thank goodness I changed. I was just going to go in my houseclothes. PEOPLE ARE CURIOUS! Everyone was looking at the accident and all the people involved. For a more detailed account, go to DB.

Today, it's more of cleaning room (yay!) and making flash cars (yay!). I have a fun day ahead of me.

Sara: Let me know about the SCHR concert band thingy?

No comments: