Tuesday, May 13, 2003

I'm back!


Quoting Ra "SHE HAD THE BABY!" It was another awesome experience. Much quicker too. 4 pushes and he was out. Still no name.

A runoff between:
- Evan
- Trevor
- *a name I don't remember, prob. cause it I didn't like it?*

I got a call early in the morning at 530. At first, I thought I was dreaming. There have been so many false calls on my part that I gave up on the idea that the baby was gonna come at all. My aunty gave me the list of things to be done and directions. Me and Dad drove to Aunty's, picked up Paige, dropped her off at my G-ma's house. My dad dropped me off at ELAC for my Phil. class. He picked me up after class, Stuart called, They were at the hospital. Ran our asses over there and...waited. (Hurry up and wait! says the Beer-Belly Man!) During my wait, I heard a total of 7 cries during the 7 hours there. :) The sweetest sounding one of all, of course, came from Labor&Delivery Room 1, our room.

His cry sounded like the horn in my Corolla. A teensy little toot. He is definately not an ugly baby. He was pruny with a tint of purple from being so white. 2 slits for eyes, a button nose, *5 fingers, *5 toes, and all in the right places. He's perfect. My heart felt so sweet just looking at him. He smiled when I said his Chinese name, phonetically "ho ho". Like me!

I drove my G-ma and Paige and Dad over to the hospital to see him and my Aunty, who's doing great. Stuart spent the night at the hosp with her.
I am so excited. I can't wait to teach him stuff. I can't wait to teach him to call Stuart, "Papeeeeeee." and annoy the heck out of him. Heh heh. I can't wait to play b-ball with him. I can't wait to baby-sit him. I can't wait to place him in the grove of my lap, Indian-style, and read to him.

Aside from all the bleeding, cutting, sewing, and the unforgettable squishy noises, it was all worth it. He's coming home tomorrow and I'll be the first one there to greet him.


* * *
* Add 5 more to each. (Thank you to Kelly-bean. Or I would have sounded stupid. Ha. :-) )
(Thank you for the phone calls, S & R) Heh heh...me and ra make H & R Block.

No comments: