Friday, March 25, 2005

Uncle Patrick, a church family friend, was diagnosed with cancer less than a year ago. He went through his first round of chemo a few months ago and the effects were excruciating. He pulled through and the cancer was gone. Until it came back. When it did, Uncle Patrick decided to do his second round of chemo in Hong Kong, where his family was. A church friend, who has been checking up on him in HK, has been e-mailing us about his current condition. The effects of the second round were even worse, but he's getting better each day.

At the end of the latest e-mail, it said...
It is easy to praise when things go right; but it is more precious to praise when things go wrong.

Rejoice in the Lord always; and again I say, Rejoice!
--- Phil 4:4 RSV



This is one of the best scriptures I have read so far. I realized that it is connected to what I was trying to express in a post a couple of months ago. I just thought I'd share that scripture. :D

More later.

No comments: