Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I had JURY DUTY today.

I am the luckiest girl. I was late getting to the courthouse cause it was a right on Alameda, not a left. I turned around and then there was a train. 5 minutes later, the train passes. I drive the other direction and then another train passes. But I get there in one piece.

My group is the first one called for a trial. Out of my group, I was one of the first ones to be a potential juror. Then after all the questioning, I was officially selected as a juror. I have to go back tomorrow and possibly, the day after that.

After we were excused for today, I realized it was pouring outside and then I realized I had left my umbrella in the car. I'm such a smartass. So I walked 3 blocks in the rain back to the Juror parking structure. During the walk, a bus decides to run over a puddle and splash water on my already-soaked jeans. I would have shook my fist at the bus and yelled, "Yea...PUSH 'EM WHEN THEY'RE DOWN, you stupid bus!" But instead, I laughed out loud after realizing that it was exactly how it happened in Bridget Jones! Except mine was a muuuuuch smaller puddle. Hahaha.


All the whining and complaining aside, I'm also kinda excited. The judge said the trial should run for a day and a half at the very latest. The last time I was selected for panel, the judge expected the trial to last for more than 15 days! (I got dismissed for that one. Lucky!) This time, I get to experience how the whole court system runs, while only having to serve for a couple of days. It never hurts to see new things. Y^_^Y Consider it free education. Heehee.

It also gave me time to finish the book I have been reading. Yet another chic-flicky book. But it's cute.

I guess that's it for now. I'm going to make myself some hot cocoa and watch my Chinese soap operas. ^_^

I'm outtie.
Enjoying my spring break so far...no


Expect the worst, hope for the best.

No comments: