Sunday, October 10, 2004

I can say I walk a mile at least 5 times a week on the treadmill, but I am, undoubtedly, OUT OF SHAPE. Kirsten invited me and Helen to badminton with her and her friends on Saturday. I thought, "Hey, I'm not doing anything special. Homework can wait. How tough can Badminton be?" So we went.

We arrived at Almansor Park at around 6:30. The gym was pretty packed. Helen and I were very shy about playing in front of everyone. Everyone was shooting the birdie back and forth like bullets. I'm just worried whether or not I can even HIT the stupid thing. Helen and I, after sitting around for a while, decided to run on outside to "warm-up." Pressure from the pro's to play made us run. We walked around the park, ran after a verry cute looking Chinese fireman. (yes, RAN. That's how hot he was. I ran for him.) Helen gave him a 9.5, with 10 being FLAMIN' HOT, like Cheetos. On our way, we passed by the kiddy park. We decided to give the monkey bars and the swings a swing. Felt like a kid again. Me and Helen sat in the swings and had quite a long talk about what we were like as kids and what we did. It's moments like these, that you thank God for giving you friends like them.

(Edit by DB: It's moments like these, that you thank God for giving you someone other than Sara.) <-- What a baca.

We finally decided to head back before they started to worry. We felt brave enough to give it a shot after a court opened up. Apparently, badminton is not the same thing as tennis. But good news! I hit the birdie! I did miss a couple of times or the times I did hit it, it came flying at Kirsten was positioning in the front. :D Heeee. We worked up a sweat. After we got kicked out of the gym, we all headed over to Thai Orchid. Kirsten's friends were very cool to hang out with. We had a blast. The night couldn't end without me falling down as we were leaving the restaurant. And of course, the whole restaurant was closed by the time we left, so the waiters and waitresses were all in the front, cleaning up. I, literally, fell flat on my face in front of everyone. Apparently, my feet didn't see the extra step there and my legs were tired out from all that badminton and collasped. Everyone was trying to hold in the laughs as they asked, "Are you, heehee, okay? Heehee."

You would think that after all the times I've tripped, I would have done it more gracefully. But no. My legs were spread out in air and stayed that way till I hit the floor. Nicce move, Hollie. Thanks.

I am so SORE.
Who knew badminton night was so much fun? :D

No comments: