Friday, July 23, 2004

Only Fooling Myself
Kate Voegele

I stop to catch my breath - And I stop to catch your eye
No need to second guess - That you've been on my mind
I dream days away, but that's okay -
It's like I want to hear a silent sound -
And then hold it in my hand
But a rose won't blossom from a ground -
Of desert sand, but I like to pretend that
One day I'll turn around - I'll see your hand reach out
I'm only fooling myself, - But maybe when you smile
It means you'd stay awhile - Just maybe you'd save me now - Save me now
Well, now it's etched in stone - That I can't survive alone - You have the missing piece
That I need so desperately - Yes, I slip away to a day that'll never come
It's like a splash of water to my face -
When I suddenly realize
That you could never find a place -
For me in your eyes, and I don't know why I keep thinking
One day I'll turn around - I'll see your hand reach outI'm only fooling myself, -
But maybe when you smile
It means you'd stay awhile - Just maybe you'd save me now -
Save me nowIt's love in disguise -
I've lost track of time - I'm lost in your eyes
And I don't know why I think that
One day I'll turn around - I'll see your hand reach out
I'm only fooling myself,  - But maybe when you smile
It means you'd stay awhile - Just maybe you'd save me now - Save me now
Just maybe you'd save me now

*                       *                          *

Pretty darn good for an amateur. :D
Love the lyrics. More tomorrow.

No comments: