Friday, June 11, 2004

Today is Shelby's birthday. My parents told him he could pick any restaurant and he picked Olive Garden. (Btw, Sara, thanks for the directions. My mother appreciated it a whole lot cause she was so hungry and we were "lost" for a while. :D)

This was also my parent's first time, for a long while, to eat at an American restaurant besides IHOP and Carrow's. This was also their first time at Olive Garden.

So, we're driving down the 60 FWY...
My dad asks, "Where are we going?"
Shelby: Olive Garden.
- silence - and then you hear coming from the back seat....
Dad: But I don't like olives!!

So my dad, being as old as he is, forgot to bring his reading glasses so he couldn't read the menu. I had to like translate the whole menu in chinese. My mom was smart. She took one look at the menu and said, "Spaghetti and meatballs."

At the end of the meal...the water brings the check to us and puts in a couple of those Andes mint-choclate candies. My dad takes one and turns it over.
He chuckles and says: "Stupid waiter. He put butter with the check! Teehee."

Maan, my brother and I could not stop laughing. Har har har!!

No comments: