Monday, June 21, 2004

So Saturday was the bonfire. *smiles* I don't even know where to start, besides MY ARMS AND LEGS ARE SO SORE!!

I think I'll start by thanking Someone for allowing us to find a pit. That's where all the fun begins. No fire, no burnt marshmellows, no happy memories. (Sara: Rachel thinks you really like to eat burnt things. Oh, I wonder why. :D)

I was really happy that my friends (except a few) got to meet my other friends/co-workers. All my favorite people all in one place. What more can I ask for? :D FOOTBALL! THE VAGINAS vs. THE DICKS. We (Helen, Kirsten, Rachel, and I) had more laughs talking about the football game over lunch today.

Kirsten found it scary being the quarterback and it's true! Everyone comes for you! O_O I look down at the ball, then back up, and all I see is Damon, arms waving in the air, with a face that CLEARLY said he was ready to eat me, running towards me. Behind him, more manly faces that looked like they were going to join Damon and eat me too! A flash of white, i.e. Derek, and before I knew it, I was down. Sand does not taste good. :D (I think Sara and Helen knows.) Heehee.

After our Plan Egg didn't exactly work out, we huddled for more strategies. During our huddles, the guys sent some spies, threw the football back and forth to each other, or just sat down. Ball, Rachel's boyfriend, said, "You girls huddled for like 5 minutes. We killed you in 20 seconds. And you guys get back in your huddle for another 5 minutes!"

During Derek's FAILED attempt (where's the goalpost, again? >:D) to make a touchdown, the Vaginas joined our forces to stop him. Sara grabbed his legs, Claudia an arm, I don't know what I grabbed, and Helen his shirt collar, and the other girls, wherever else they could grab a hold of. Even so, he managed to get past the "goalpost" with us on top of him and all. Damn it! :D

As for the goalpost (John's slipper), it kinda got buried underneath all that sand. We seriously have no idea how that happened. ^_^ Took us a while to find it, but we did. Yay, Kirsten! I, actually, took a quick break during the football game. Jason was flying a kite, so I went over to fly it. Right when the string was handed over to me, I hear Charity and Jason screaming, "Hollie! The powerlines!" O_O I quickly abandoned that and went back to the football game. Heeeee. I'm just talented that way.

After the football game and some more marshmellows, Rachel made her debut and Claudia has it all documented. >:)My people started to call for me. I had at least say "hi!" I convinced Kirsten to go with me to the water, along with Helen, John, Rachel, Ball, Theresa, Kenny, and Derek. (Derek: Glad you came and hung with us! We had fun!) :D My people almost stole my slipper, when a big wave came and took it. (Kenny and his swift hands saved my shoe.)

It was nice being out there. There was this moment when I was standing there ankle-deep in water, thinking of everything that just happened, and thought, "Man, this is perfect." *smiles*

Thanks Claud for taking pictures!



* * * *

Come August, Rach is gonna leave us to move back to Thailand. We're gonna take her to see Yosemite end of July as a going away outing. Originally, the plan was for just the 4 of us to go. Then, Rach wanted Ball to go too because he's not going with her to Thailand. Helen's going to bring John. Then me and Kirsten. Kirsten and I decided we were gonna be a "couple" that is, if she can make it. Today, Helen told me Theresa and Kenny were going to be joining us. Now, I like Theresa and Kenny, don't get me wrong. But if Kirsten can't make it...it will come down to 3 couples and me. O_O Again. I don't know if I could go through that experience again. Gah. What to do, what to do.

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength."


Philippians 4:12-13


I guess we'll see. ^_^






No comments: