Friday, December 12, 2008

Are you kidding me?

Is that really how much we're worth? We just received our year-end bonuses. My bonus amount this year from this boss, after 7 years of service, is the same bonus amount that I got after only working for the company for 3 MONTHS with Pearl. Straight out of high school. No experience. No nothing. Even worse, we all looked it up online and saw the pdf file of our bonus stub. Then when we get our envelopes, the amount is significantly less because the bosses changed their minds last minute and cut the amount in half.


I really shouldn't be complaining. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Now that I've cooled down and put everything into perspective, I REALLY shouldn't be complaining.

1 comment:

Damy said...

I hope you know bonuses are tax deductible.

If they said they're giving you $100, what you get is actually $50. Basically, Uncle Sam takes roughly half of bonuses.