Thursday, January 17, 2008

So just now at work, I went to the restroom to pee, like normal. After I was done, I turned the knob to unlock the stall door...only to realize that the lock wouldn't turn! I turned and turned and it wouldn't unlock.

I stood there. In disbelief...why? I have no idea. Because getting stuck in the restroom stall is, of course, something that would happen to me. =P I couldn't stop laughing. Tears were coming out of my eyes from laughing so hard. This is stuff that only happens on TV! My knight-in-shining armor, riding his white steed, would come in and knock down the restroom stall door and save me. You know, your typical fairy tale.

Anyways, I wiped away the tears and went over my options:


Option #1 Slide myself underneath the stall door on the floor where women have peed and missed (go figure.)

Option #2 Stand there and wait


I opted for germ-free Option #2. I stood there for about 15 minutes doing whatever I can.
You know how on TV, the police can just kick open a door and it looks so easy? Yea, that don't happen in real life. You know how on TV, in emergency situations, people rise to the occasion. They run into the door and it magically swings wide open? Yea, that don't happen in real life either.

After trying all the above, I decided to wait. I don't know how long passed before Christina came into the restroom. She got my manager, Amy, to come and save me.

It took us another 15 minutes of passing the screwdriver back and forth before the damn thing finally got loose. THEN, I got all Chun-Li on it's ass and kicked the door open.

Ahh...the sweet smell of freedom. Man, that made my day.

=D

11 comments:

saraphin said...

oh.em.gee. SO FUNNY!!!

and dude, incredibly well written :) brava!

ho ho said...

Where's my sticker, Ms. Rodriguez?

ho ho said...

Er, Mrs. Lam. =P

Damy said...

When you kick down a door, you aim for the part of the door right next to the lock.

I bet you kicked right in the middle.

Where it's not effective.

Lyn Lyn said...

Hahaha the same exact thing happened to me when I was 6 and I got locked in the stall of the Library bathroom. I was a little kid and didn't care about germs so I crawled under. I told my mom and she got all freaked out and made me take a shower right when I got home :)

Midori said...

you go superHo ;D

Anonymous said...

gotta say, i can picture you doing exactly what damon said: kicking it in the middle and then thinking, "why isn't it opening?" and then doing the fob frown *raises three fingers to side of face and slowly descends*

Anonymous said...

and btw, i believe the period goes OUTSIDE of the parentheses.

(go figure).

=]

ho ho said...

-_- |||

Anonymous said...

Hope this incident teaches you a lesson to never take your freedom for granted, hoho. GRONK!

頌然 said...

Hollie...I can soooooo imagine ur facial expression at that very moment!!!