Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I'm waiting for the feeling in my fingers to come back again. I just e-mailed my CHDV professor with a question. So as I sit here and wait for a reply, I'm going to update.
So Memorial Day weekend was a blast. Sort of. Well, it had it's ups and downs.

Friday
I saw DB's apartment for the first time and last time. I helped DB move back home from Fullerton this Friday. Who knew she had so much crap? She filled up her car and my car with junk. That was fun. Sometimes, I like "long" drives home. I can listen to some music and relax. I'm glad that she's home. It's like having a roomie again. =D Welcome home, DB!

Saturday
I did homework for the most part. Left the house around 4ish to go to Kirsten's house. Was going to hitch a ride with them down to Bellflower for our co-worker, Yvonne's Memorial Weekend BBQ. Good food. Lots of hot dogs. MmMmmm. I love hot dogs! Night time rolled around and...

(See? I told you she was fast. 10 minutes. She is so cool.)

...Katherine brought out the booze. She claimed she spent a Benjamin on all the alcohol and that it was up to us, non-drivers, to finish it. Smirnoffs, Beer, Vodka, Gin, Wine. I declined cause I really did not want to drink, but 2 hours later...5 shots of Vodka in my system. (Yea, Kelly, I don't know how you did 7. Bow down to you and Apes.) Then Helen, drunk already, made me drink a glass of wine. Now let me tell you, this is worst than the boiled egg + microwave story. I discovered vodka + wine = disaster, at least for me. I threw up a total of 4 times (positive: I lost all those hot-dogs I ate that night. 0 fat gained that night. negative: By the 4th time, I was throwing up some nasty tasting stuff. I really think it was the Vodka I was throwing up.) The kids at the BBQ were laughing at us 4 drunkies. Yes, kids. AND HELEN AND I ARE GOING TO BE TEACHERs. I also passed out next to the toilet, till Helen came charging, declaring that she needed to go. So Katherine and Angela, kindly, dragged me out to the hallway, goal destination being the living room. Yea...didn't happen. They said I weighed a ton, so I was left in the hallway.

Yvonne took us in. Helen and I stayed at her house to sober up. The first time I meet Yvonne's boyfriend was in the hallway. He is telling me "I have plastic bags here. Please throw up on it." I look up at him and wave. (This is all according to what I could remember.) We sleep in her living room/hallway. The doorbell rings at 1:30 AM. Yvonne's boyfriend peeks out the window.

Y's BF: Sh*t! It's a f*ckin cop!
Helen rushes to the door. *muffled talking*
Y's BF (peering out the blinds): Oh SH*T!! He's still there.
Yvonne: Whaa??
Me (from the floor): It's Robbie, Helen's boyfriend.
Y's BF: Scared the hell out of me. I thought he was here for you two.

Robbie got a call about a robbery. (That kinda rhymes!) We waited for him to come back because Helen wanted to see him and I wanted to ride in his cop car, in the back, where all the bad boys sit. =D I was debating whether or not I wanted to meet him for the first time, smelling and looking like sh*t. It was a busy night, cause he got call after call, so we eventually left at 4 AM cause I was dead tired, and still a bit nauseous.

Monday
Woke up at 10 with a really bad hangover. Lunch with Aunty, Stuart, Paige, Evan, and Gma at Los Gueros. They liked it, though they thought it was kinda far. After that, had to go to the supermarket with mi madre for some fried-rice ingredients.

Was half an hour late cause of market and cause I needed to find some Pepto for my tummy, before going to Sar's house for a Memorial Day BBQ. Good foooood. Me likely the mushrooms. :P We sat and chatted under the tree in their backyard. We washed Sara's car. Played with her stilts. (well, in Jason's case, broke a stilt) Had some ice-cream floats. Took a walk to my house. Damon wanted to test drive my ghetto red car, for what reason, Sar and I don't know. He could not stop laughing at it's ghetto-ness. The beeping noise when you put it into reverse. The lack of power-steering and power-brakes. I think Sar and I are use to all that, having been in the Mercedes. We drove that clunker to Sara's house, where Damon called Jason out of Sara's house. (He didn't take the walk with us, that lazy ass.) Jason, then wanted a turn to drive it. Sara and I just shrugged at each other. Walked back to Sar's house. Sat on the steps and chatted. We left and snuck over to Jason's house and watched 3 Ninjas. It most definately was not as good as when I watched it as a little kid.

And that, my friend, was my Memorial day weekend.
Time for flashcards. =D (half an hour later. it is now 4:49)

No comments: