Thursday, June 05, 2003

Yeterday, Debby and I went to go pick up Shelby at Justin's house. They were doing a rocket project. Afterwards, all three of us hit up Carl's Jr for some to-go dinner.

Shelby ordered a #5 for $4.69 and I ordered 4 Slamemrs for $1.99. The total came out to $9.16. Debby and Shelby thought that was a little funny. So we questioned it. The cashier-in-training said the total was right, plus tax. I asked her, "The total is about $7 and the tax is $2?" That's some expensive tax! Her response to my question, "Yeah, I guess. See. here's the receipt. The tax is $2." Looking at the receipt, I told her, "The receipt says 55 cents tax." She didn't know how to push #5 combo, so she charged us the burger, fries, and drink individually, making it cost more. She looked at us blankly and said, "I don't know." Her look said, "So what do you want me to do? Next in line!" I asked her, "Could he help us?" *pointing at the manage in gray* He asks us what happened and he asks me, "So you ordered a #6?" I'm like, "No, a number 5." She even pushed the wrong burger! His reply, "Are you sure?" Jackass, I think I know what I ordered. Debby and Shelby, as my witnesses, heard me repeat the order to her twice and she repeated it back to me with a #5 combo. The manager gave me back 50 cents and gave me a look like, you gave us all this trouble for 50 cents. She over charged me almost 2 bucks! And that's all I got back. She was a cashier-in-training, so I didn't want to be the bitch that made her first day at work helI. So I just said, "Forget it."

I am never going back to the Carl's on Beverly. The slammers didn't even taste as good as the one by ELAC. We laughed about that incident on our way home. We're going to tell Carl that you took two dollars away from me.

No comments: